Dec 17, 2009

Play Dough Cookies

I have to say when I read this I thought of you Brandee! I know you'll have so much fun with Rylie making these!




Play Dough Cookies

3/4 C butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
2 and 3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
assorted food coloring (gel or paste works best)

...1. In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Divide dough into Fourths. Tint each with a different food coloring. Wrap in plastic and chill for two hours. (I stuck it in the freezer for 15 minutes because I hate to wait!)
3. Preheat oven to 350. Shape colors into 3/4 inch balls. For each cookie place one pink, one orange, one green, and one blue ball together and roll to make one giant ball. Roll into a 12 inch long snake, and then starting at one end coil roll to make a cookie. Place cookies 2 to 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet to allow for spreading.
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool and store in an airtight container.Enjoy!
I found this at
http://sitsgirlsrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/09/somewhere-over-rainbow-by-little-momma.html & the pictures are from this post http://ourcutiekids.blogspot.com/2009/11/play-dough-cookies.html
If you liked this post, you'll love Little Momma & Company!

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Thanks so much Ang for thinking of me, I would love to make these with my girly ... printing it off so I can keep it in my unorganized stash of recipes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...